I got a shout out yesterday from Mommyish in new article about sex while breastfeeding. As in at the same time. Here’s a link to the WTF Mombie that helped raise this particular topic:
by Abtruse Goose
Jon Adam’s Chief O’Brien at Work comic series.
My roommates step-mother’s second-cousin’s third ex-wife once sat next to a man on a bus whose Great Aunt Addie’s daughter-in-law’s best friend was married to a man whose identical twin’s gay lover’s hairdresser’s neighbor makes $250,000 an hour surfing the Internet.
I don’t know his secret. 😦 If I did, I’d share it.
A woman suffers a second-trimester miscarriage. Sad, I know. But what she does with the fetus is astonishing.
She gives it to her daughters to play with.
You read that correctly. Her photography website features over half a dozen photographs of her two little girls holding, poking, and picking around at the remains of an extremely raw-looking human fetus. But that only accounts for a fraction of these fifty-some-odd dead fetus pictures, which feature the it posed in a wide variety of situations in which one would not normally think to find a human fetus — nor, for that matter, a non-human fetus.
Sitting Indian-style between Mommy’s hands, all dressed up in a blue robe with its own hands grasped in prayer, hatted yet otherwise naked, adorned in gold yet otherwise naked, getting its arms tugged at by a couple of preschoolers — is it any wonder the Daily Mail finds these pictures news-worthy?
In one of these pictures, you can see that someone has opened its mouth, which had in all other photographs appeared to be fused as shut as the eyelids. I’m really hoping it was the three-year-old, because the thought of Mom attempting to nurse this partially-formed fetus back to life is liable to trigger my PTSD, which came about after repeated exposure to details of the Jahi McMath case. Just as Jahi’s mother took offense to the word ‘corpse,’ this woman has a problem with the word ‘fetus.’
Look, I get it. Miscarriage can be a tragic thing, especially once you’ve reached your second trimester, when most women (myself included) will typically begin to think of their fetus as a baby. I’d never condemn someone for snapping a photograph or two, but what reason could someone possibly have to allow a child to handle a the remains of a human fetus — let alone multiple children who are barely old enough to understand the concept of birth, let alone death?
Well, according to Mom, she “needed to have the girls in to see their brother” because they had both been excited by the prospect of having a new baby brother. Perhaps she was hoping to creep the fuck out of them both so they’d STFU about baby brothers and allow Mom to sweep this one under the rug? (Not literally, of course… at least, I hope not.)
But family matters aside, what on earth would possess someone to upload over fifty pictures of a dead fetus for any non-4chan purpose? Mom answers that one too:
I wish that this hadn’t happened, but it did for a reason. Maybe that reason was to share with the world how perfect a baby which is legal to abort in many states really is.
It’s nice that she can see the silver lining to both her daughters playing “dolly” with her miscarriage, especially because that silver lining comes in the form of a political agenda.
What this woman does with her dead fetus is her business — just as it was before the pregnancy terminated. But to turn it into a poster fetus for the religious right strikes me as more than a little WTF Mombie?!
The First 30 Minutes of Riddick: Rule the Dark
Retold in the Tamarian language:
Children of Necro.
Son of Furya.
Shaka, when the walls fell!
Darmok on the Ocean.
Zinda, his face black, his eyes red.
Kadir beneath Mo Moteh.
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.
The beast at Tanagra.
Uzani, his army with fists open.
Uzani, his army with fists closed.
Sokath, his eyes uncovered!
Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel.
Temba, his arms wide open.
The 20 Most Bizarre Comments Left in the Past 10 Days
20. “It’s NOT over until God says its over! Jesus is in control.”
— L.C., $15.00
19. “Recently I have been studying the religion of Islam and I must say, part of the reason I’m donating here is not only because of my Christian beliefs, but also my new found respect for Islam”
— Righteous Christian, $20.00
18. “I hope she gets better. I know you have already reached your funding goal, but having Jahi McMath alive and well is the main goal.”
— S.S., $5.00
17. “Jahi is so strong she survived in spite of all this… do not believe for one minute its just machines keeping her alive, its also her will to live”
— L.T., $100.00
16. “God’s will and not Man’s will be done.”
— C.H., $20.00 (Because God is responsible for the ventilator.)
15. “I reeeeally hope she gets better :-)”
— A much friendlier C.H., $10.00
14. “I’m betraying for your sweet baby’s full recovery. I am in total agreement that she will pull through”
— K.M, $20.00, betraying the forces of darkness to stand among True Believers.
13. “This is the remarkable story of Pastor D.E. who was fatally injured in a car accident. During a dramatic journey to the hospital, he lost all life signs and was later pronounced dead. Afterwards God performed a miracle and raised him from the dead.”
— M.D., $20.00
12. “I hope this little girl recovers and returns to her regular life.”
— N.J., $20.00
11. “My brother… was on life support several years ago and I swore he responded when I talked and touched him. Because my brother did not have insurance the hospital said the same thing. ”
— C.C., $20.00 (Uh…?)
10. “Praying for you – The Chosen Few”
— The Chosen Few, $28.00
9. “I found this after your goal had been reached . Now let’s work on suing the doctors who attempted to murder your child and hide their incompetence.”
— H.L., $25.00
8. “We had a similar experience w/ the NYC hospital SYSTEM in a 3 year Battle!”
— T.P., $10.00 (WTF?!)
7. “I just want to tell you that the Lord told me to send you this amount of money.”
— C.L., $50.00
6. “Hospitals love to kill hope and faith.”
— S.L., $25.00 (an optimist)
5. “Do not let that band of murderers get their hands on your child’s body. They likely have an underhanded motive, like organ donation.”
— S.L., $5.00
4. “Take heart from the story of Z.D. in 2008, who seemed just as ‘dead’ for 48 DAYS, until his ‘nurse-cousin’ found that he still had reflexes and pretty soon he WALKED OUT of that hospital ALIVE. So can Jahi, and Jahi LIVES.”
— J.H., $10.00 (That “nurse-cousin” was in all likelihood Z.D.’s sister.)
3. “I was watching the jim backer show today a story wad told of a boy who had an accident and was ruled brain dead by many doctors. The mother bought a whole food powder that jim sells and was given this by iv. He recovered from his issue and proved the doctors wrong. I t is worth a try.”
— N.G., $20.00
2. “Jahi was very possibly poisoned by ‘carbon monoxide’ (sublethal/ low level CO poisoning) from the ‘anaestesia'”
— R.R., $30.00
1. “All the best for her full and speedy recovery. Keep faith in science.”
— J.A., $200.00