I’m sick of Facebook deboosting my pages. My main was hit with the maximum (-80%) after my total reach exceeded 250k in a single weekend.
You do nothing to violate their TOS, they come after you anyway, simply because they do not care for your content or the manner in which it is framed.
These are evil, authoritarian ideologues who want to dictate which ideas can and cannot be shared.
Tay says when you come to America, we’re going to introduce you to the following (in no particular order):
2. Garbage disposals (don’t be frightened)
3. Washing machines
5. Indoor plumbing
6. Steak knives
8. Two-ply toilet paper
9. The automobile (it’s like your horse-drawn carriage, only we got rid of the horses).
10. Proper English
11. The difference between a biscuit and a cookie
12. The difference between fries and chips
13. Ice cubes
14. Modern alternatives to corduroy & tweed
15. Shorts (they’re like pants, only shorter)
16. The English system of measurement
17. Supermarkets (you can find the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker all in one place)
18. Law enforcement
19. Homeland security
20. Freedom of speech
My greatest vexation is the “opioid epidemic”. People lack the moral character to take responsibility for their addictions, so they expect the government to step in and relieve them of that responsibility. Politicians on both sides of the aisle are more than happy to oblige for the PR points, which has led to the systemic persecution of doctors who prescribe opioid pain medicines.
The media turns a blind eye to the disgusting tactics being employed because they were largely responsible for manufacturing this “crisis” in the first place. (Hell, they make martyrs of these cretins!)
Nobody gives a shit about the people for whom these drugs (many of which are indeed safe for long-term use) are medically necessary.
But I suppose illness and infirmity are ugly, whereas addiction has become fetishized by pop culture.
Posted to my friend’s metal server. If this list were fully inclusive, there would undoubtedly be some Sinatra and Bobby Darrin.