Hey, you’re wrong about the NPC meme being right wing, and 4chan had very little to do with it. The 4chan mods HATED it, and almost every NPC-related thread was pruned shortly after its creation.
(They also began censoring the term ‘soy boy’ at this point. But antisemitic and racial slurs are still a go. 👌)
There’ve been people of all different political persuasions involved in the central aspects of it — the memes, the memeing, the LARPS, the RL appearances, the articles, the videos, etc.
The beauty of the NPC meme is that it’s only offensive to the people to whom it applies. It isn’t solely applicable to the Regressive Left, but they’re at the center of the current culture war (pushing the rest of us off into the ‘alt-right’ category), so that’s how it’s being used.
Also, don’t believe a damn thing you hear about the NPC meme from the mainstream media. They‘ve been among our primary targets, which is why they’ve been our greatest detractors.
There were never 10,000 Twitter bots. The retweet-bot idea was discarded 48 hours in because: capchas. There were real people behind these accounts, and the idea was to provide a steady stream of freebased identity politics while promoting awareness of social media censorship.
We never set out to influence an election, and the NoMenMidterm meme (from July) only made a comeback after the mainstream media decided to integrate it into its “voter suppression” narrative.
When they reported that we were giving out a false voting date, we put out word to push THEIR November 7th voting date.
This is what they do. The media brought the racism and antisemitism over to 4chan back in the mid-2000s when they began reporting on non-existent racism and antisemitism. The racists and antisemites swarmed in.
The rise of Anonymous shortly thereafter was the direct result of Greta van Susteren’s sensationalized accounts of a series of mean-spirited adolescent pranks. Actual hackers moved into /b/ and brought with them a political agenda.
The media’s practice of creating its own news is what brought the NPC meme to life in the first place. It had been dead for over two years when some idiot journalist decided to dig it out of the meme graveyard and claim it was being used to “dehumanize” SJWs. The “alt-right trolls” were only too happy to comply.
I posted this on Facebook last night, and I tagged my son’s paternal grandmother because she is full of feminist spite. She has been especially brutal on Kavanaugh.
So apparently feminists at the University of Washington created a site for women to anonymously doxx guys.
The police are refusing to do anything about it, but are instead encouraging men to drink less.
Who knows, guys? Maybe someday one of YOU could end up on a list just like this.
Feminism teaches us that unless a female gives affirmative consent while in a state of perfect sobriety, it’s “rape”.
(Affirmative consent = verbal affirmation of ‘yes’.)
And you know what, boys and girls? Feminism has taught me that I have NEVER ONCE engaged in consensual sex.
Not ever. 🤔
Some brave anon crunched the numbers:
Get your popcorn and head over to Toaster Steve aka Dakota Moore’s Facebook. It’s become a semi-permanent /b/ thread over there these past few days, because everything related to our “pal” keeps getting 404’d. To recap:
1. One of the two girls he accused of falsely accused of raping him was discovered and had to delete her account due to the unwanted attention it brought her. Not going to post her name because she’s an alleged rape victim.
2. There have been calls for Toaster Steve to be made a mod. I doubt this is going to happen because the other mods don’t seem too friendly on him, but the support is there.
3. A fake Dakota J. Moore popped up a couple days ago and amassed much attention by insisting he was fine and accusing various Christian theologians of having set the fire. This profile and its dozens of comments have since been deleted.
4. He seems to have developed quite the following of high school/college-aged girls. They apparently find him attractive and only wish they could have “been there” for him. Don’t be surprised if we see a few copy cats… *meow*
5. Contrary to what some are claiming, there is no official Toaster Steve New Toaster Fund. Claims that a Toaster Steve Legal Defense Fund has managed to raise over $30,000 are also false.
6. The University expressed its distaste at the Mantears being shed for Dakota on public university pages by persons not affiliated with the university. The comments and images have been deleted.
7. The ex-gf / alleged rape victim #2 has created a NEW Facebook account (it’s definitely legit), and last night she began PMing other Facebook users with her side of the story. (Drama!)
8. As of this morning, the conversation has taken a more serious turn as they debate the question, “What constitutes rape?” and the ethics of banging a drunk chick. Both legal and philosophical arguments have been made, along with the occasional interjection of “Ask the Toaster! The Toaster is impartial and will have seen it all!”
For the record, I am not associated with any of this, nor am I condoning anyone’s behavior. MySpace Suicide was one of my all-time favorite memes, so this sort of brings back warm fuzzy memories of teh Internetz circa 2005. Also, the TV is broken.
And if you’re still with me, here’s a new link from the Daily Mail. They’re only just now publishing Toaster Steve’s real name, even though they’ve had it since Sunday.